Wednesday 18 November 2015

THE DRAGONFLY KILLER

I was just resting in my room two hours ago after a long day of Exams and BVN struggle. I have an exam tomorrow so I asked my friend, Onyinye, to wake me in an hour’s time. The episode of my dream was rolling and I was determined to make do with every single minute of the hour. Next thing I knew, I started hearing flapping sounds in my dream.
Which kind wahala?
I couldn’t think of anything that would be disturbing me by that time. Then I figured that maybe that could be Onyinye’s way of waking me because she was weird like that. I eventually opened my eyes to a squint to check the time when I realized that the sounds were not normal. The next thing I knew is I was outside my room on barefoot.
Please help me ask how a whole dragonfly entered my room?
Anyway, when Onyinye and I were past our screaming phase (outside the room), we decided to chase it out since we needed to read. That’s how we started tracking the thing. It was as if it had the guts that we didn’t have. We’d make serious noise like this and the thing wouldn’t even shake. I swear you wouldn’t believe the size of this thing if you saw it. It was like a HYBRID or something.
Hian.
That’s how the thing went near my bed area and I thought I would die (I have a weird attachment to my bed). I vexed and carried broom.
But when the thing started flapping wings like some mutant, I handed the broom over to Onyinye and started screaming again.
Things got really crazy real quick.
I realized I was really scared of this shit. Like even more than rats.

Now I know this may go against many of my beliefs o but I swear I need a DRAGONFLY KILLER in my life; someone that I’ll have on speed dial and could swoop in, all romantic, when I need dragonflies to be killed.
Key Requirement: DO NOT BE SCARED OF DRAGON FLIES.
Please ehn, help ‘cause I think my heart is still beating.

Oh, and Onyinye eventually killed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment