Thursday 19 November 2015

Authentic Love (National Week Of Action)

Authentic Love does not devalue another human being- Brooke Axtell


I needed to tell him, even though I knew.

The Love of My Life was kneeling beside the car, trying to fix the damaged tire.

He just told me how sexy I looked in my skimpy dress

I did it for him… It’s always for him.

This was supposed to be a romantic night out;

He whispered it as he kissed my wounds last night and I couldn’t stop the leap of my heart

That automatic thing it did and has been for five years.

He also said he was sorry, just like the other times, and I believe him.

He loves me, honestly he does; I just provoke him sometimes.

I love him too. So much.

I’m Pregnant, I whispered, again.

He stopped, his hands on the spare tire.

I could see the muscles in his jaw tick

And my heart pounded in fear of what would happen next.

You know what to do, He said.

And I did.

Just like to the last one.


NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND ABUSE!! #RAINNWEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment